Dry skin, spotty dishes, and damaged clothes caused by hard water can degrade the quality of one’s life. Water softeners are installed by many homeowners to improve the quality of their water.
They remove the hard minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, that can cause buildup in pipes and appliances. Water Softeners work on a process called ion exchange. As the hard water passes through the tank, the positively charged ions of calcium and magnesium are attracted to the negatively charged beads and exchange places with the sodium or potassium ions. This removes the hard minerals, leaving the water soft and free of mineral buildup.
Hard water also has a metallic or earthy taste, which can be unappealing to many people. Water softeners can improve the taste of water by removing the minerals, leaving the water cleaner and fresher.
While most people know that water softeners help to improve the taste of water, there are several other benefits of water softeners that are not as well-known.
- Prolonged life of appliances: Hard water can cause mineral buildup in appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines. Thus, reducing their efficiency. A water softener can prevent this buildup and improve the performance of your appliances. Soft water doesn’t cause clogging of the pipes, preventing the wear and tear of appliances.
- Plump skin and softer hair: One of the effects of minerals in hard water is that they can flake out skin and hair, leaving them feeling rough and brittle. A water softener can remove the mineral content that causes this dryness, resulting in softer skin and hair. Soft water is also less likely to cause irritation or itching, making it a great choice for people with sensitive skin. It is also known to reduce the incidences of hair dandruff.
- Improved laundry: Hard water can make it difficult for soap to lather and can leave a residue on clothes. This can cause clothes to appear dull and feel rough to the touch. Soft water, on the other hand, allows the soap to lather better, making it more effective at cleaning clothes. It also prevents residue buildup on clothes, making them feel softer and appear brighter.
- Reduced plumbing issues: The insoluble salts in hard water can clog pipes, thus interrupting the water flow. In the long run, it can also cause leaks. A water softener can prevent this buildup and reduce the likelihood of frequent plumbing issues.
- High energy savings: The minerals in hard water can cause a buildup of mineral scale in pipes and heating elements. This can affect the optimum functioning of appliances such as water heaters, washing machines, and dishwashers.
A water softener can reduce the amount of detergent and soap needed for cleaning. Additionally, appliances that run more efficiently use less energy, resulting in lower utility bills.
Hard water can leave mineral deposits and affect the taste. Soft water is generally considered better for cooking and making drinks like tea or cocktails because it is a more effective solvent. This means that it can dissolve ingredients more easily and enhance the flavors and aromas of dishes and drinks.
Consequently, all these benefits reduce the overall usage of water.
Kinetico Water Softeners:
If you live in Ohio and are tired of dealing with the negative effects of hard water, look no further than Kinetico water softeners.
Peacock Water offers a range of Kinetico water softeners in Ohio. They use the kinetic energy from moving water, rather than electricity, to soften and purify the water for your family. Its unique multi-tank system ensures a consistent supply of clean, softened water without the need for timers or computers to set, adjust, repair or replace. Our water softeners also come with a 10-year warranty on all parts for added peace of mind.
So, don’t wait any longer to experience the benefits of softened water. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and see how our water softeners in Ohio can improve the quality of your water and your life!